The 澳门最新网上赌场 CARE (Concern, Assessment, Response, Evaluation) Team provides coordinated support for students in distress and addresses concerns about student behavior, academic progress, and personal issues, including mental health concerns. The 护理团队 gathers information from personal contact with students, faculty, staff and family members, as well as from reports submitted by members of the community.
The 护理团队 is committed to the following:
- Identifying students of concern who are in need of extra support
- Assessing the most appropriate way to intervene and support a student
- Addressing student behaviors that impact our community
- Intervening so a student may achieve academic and personal success
- Balancing the needs of an individual student with the needs of the community
When to be concerned
Community members are encouraged to report concerns about students who may pose a danger to themselves or others, who may be in distress, or whose behavior is disruptive to others in the community. Please note: If you believe a student may pose an immediate threat to the health and safety of themselves or others, call 校园安全 immediately at 860-439-2222.
Faculty and Staff are encouraged to consult the Supporting & Assisting Students in Crisis Guide (login required) found in Camelweb. The guide serves as resource for faculty and staff on how to respond to a range of issues from academic challenges to emotional distress to substance abuse.
Reasons to refer a student to the 护理团队 include:
- The student remains distressed following attempts by you and others to be helpful.
- The student becomes increasingly isolated, unkempt, irritable or disconnected.
- The student's academic or social performance deteriorates.
- The student's behavior reflects increased hopelessness or helplessness.
- The student shows significant and marked changes in behavior or mood.
- The student expresses thoughts of suicide or other acts of self-harm.
- The student makes threats or displays aggression directed toward themself of others.
- The student demonstrates an inability to care for oneself.
How to refer a student to the 护理团队
To refer a student to the 护理团队, please fill out the CC 护理团队 Referral.
The Dean of Students and Dean of the College co-chair the 护理团队. Members of the team include:
- Dean of Students
- Dean of the College
- Senior Associate Dean of Student Life
- Dean of Academic Support and Director of the 学术资源中心
- Director of 校园安全
- Director of Student 咨询服务
- Director of Student 健康服务
- Assistant Dean for Residential Education and Living
- Dean of First-Year Students
- Dean of Sophomores and International Student Adviser
- Dean of Juniors, Seniors and Transfers
- Dean of Religious and Spiritual Life
- Director of Race and Ethnicity Programs
- Director of Gender and Sexuality Programs
In addition to the CARE Team, there is a group of Student Life staff who meet weekly to review behavioral and medical incidents involving students. The information discussed at these meetings is shared with the broader 护理团队 on a biweekly basis.
About the 护理团队
The CARE Team is 澳门最新网上赌场's Behavioral Intervention Team. The 护理团队 and the professional staff in the Office of Student Life participated in the certification course facilitated by the National Behavioral Intervention Team Association, as well as ongoing trainings.